- New stockings to welcome the newest family member (Putter the dog)
- Annual holiday party, with candied bacon winning again for best bite
- A Home Alone-themed party in which Fitz dressed as Gus Polinski, polka king of the Midwest (he took clarinet lessons, people. CLARINET LESSONS)
- Hot tea, green juice, water, repeat (also: prayers for my immune system)
- Taking advantage of that free gift-wrapping service at Nordstrom
- An amazing hosting gift: the Saveur cookbook! I made this ham, egg, and lemon sandwich on brioche for dinner on Tuesday.
- No snow. Bummer.
- Lots of twinkle lights. Delightful.
- Frasier Fir candles
- Carols are great but do you ever listen to Christmas jazz? (*swoons*)
- 4th place in chess championship for Wells, ice skating lessons for Gus
- Off Campus Writers Workshops for me, paddle season for Fitz
- Shivers for Putt-Putt, who does NOT like the cold (she is from Mississippi)
- Menu planning for Christmas Eve: maybe baked ziti and roasted salmon with dill sauce
- Holiday tea with my sis, U Club with the A-team (solid city escapes)
- Lightscape at the Botanic Garden
And a partridge in a pear tree!
Leave a Reply