Last month marked a big milestone: a decade of marriage. Here are ten random things I’m sharing in honor of the occasion:
- We took our kids to Vintners Inn, the site of our ceremony and reception in 2009. They loved running through the vineyards and eating grapes right off the vine.
- Each anniversary, I usually throw on my wedding dress for 5 minutes and drink my morning coffee. My kids are totally entranced by this and for a brief moment in time, I reminisce about our special day. However, this year we were traveling and I did not get to wear it. Oh well.
- Fitz still has the custom green Converse he wore in the wedding with ‘FitzAndKelly’ embroidered on the side (fun fact: these were also gifts for our groomsmen). For our 10-year anniversary, I gave him a new green pair. Embroidered on the side is ‘Since 09.’
- Of our attendants, the three ringbearers and one flower girl are all teenagers now (!)
- It was Fitz’s idea to get married in wine country. We got engaged in Big Sur in 2008 and as we traveled through northern California in a haze of starry-eyed bliss, he turned to me and said, “Wouldn’t it be great if we got married here?”
- Our wedding cake was super unique: dark chocolate made with ground up beets! It was absolutely delicious.
- We honeymooned in Hawaii. I’d love to go back there with our kids- best beaches ever.
- When I look back on our wedding, I’m so thankful that we were able to incorporate nature. It was really special to be outside at dusk, in a beautiful part of the world, with all of our friends and family. And thankfully, Mother Nature cooperated! It was a perfect 75 degrees.
- To this day, I’ve never seen so many people simultaneously cry in my entire life as they did when my dad gave a speech at our reception.
- Though a wedding is a very special day, I am most proud of the life that Fitz and I have created together over these ten years.
Leave a Reply